The Pure Care Consulting leadership team is committed to providing the best innovation when it comes to industry performance. Our leadership team has been able to serve a large array of clientele in senior living from skilled nursing facilities to assisted living facilities as well as both continuing care retirement communities and Med-Waiver affordable housing.
Justin Welker is the Founder of Pure Care Consulting, LLC. Prior to founding Pure Care Consulting, Justin served as the President of Care Cardinal Senior Living Retirement Homes. He also served as the Director of Finance for Cardinal Senior Management, LLC which is a $50 million asset senior housing and services provider. His extensive and in-depth knowledge is concentrated in performance improvement, third-party reimbursement (including billing and cost reporting), litigation support (including designation of Licensing Violations) and regulatory compliance which includes all aspects of cost reporting, licensure, med-waiver certification and managed care credentialing. He also develops computerized spreadsheet models designed to meet specific client requirements to provide analytical capabilities.
Examples of his advisory experience include:
• 10 years in financial services
• 6 years in healthcare, long term care and senior housing operations, including Med-Waiver.
• Preparation of Med-Waiver and Medicaid cost reports for assisted living facilities, acute care, specialty hospitals and home health agencies.
• Preparation of licensure applications for license renewals and change of ownership.
• Preparation of Med-Waiver applications.
• Preparation of Managed Care credentialing applications.
• Preparation of Personal Care Home policies and procedures.
• Assisting providers with strategies to improve Five-Star status.
• Analyzing Med-Waiver resident accounts for eligibility for Med-Waiver reimbursement.
• Operational assessments of nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs).
• Performance improvement and business planning services for various healthcare, long-term care and senior housing providers including the transition from prior ownership to private ownership.
• Co-management of assisted living and memory care facility providers.
• Responding to Med-Waiver audits and requests.
• Projection of future Med-Waiver rates.
• Preparing related party analysis and requests for exception to the Med-Waiver related party principles.
• Presentations to provider and provider organizations addressing various due diligence and Med-Waiver reimbursement issues.
• Assisting long term care providers in various accounting, reimbursement and other operational matters.
• Assisting providers with a competitive bidding process for the procurement of ancillary services.
• Assistance in the Med-Waiver provider enrollment process and education on the Med-Waiver and Med-Waiver billing systems.
• Analysis of managed care contracts and pricing of the same.